Thursday, April 21, 2011

Me? A nursing student?

Yesterday was my first day of nursing home clinicals for school.  It was such an...I don't know, almost indescribable day.  I was experiencing a small taste of what I could be doing.  Of who I could be.  Better yet, I loved it!  And I love that I loved it because through this whole process of college and settling on nursing has left me a little nervous and frazzled.

Why, you ask?  Well, ever since I was a little girl I'd wanted to be a teacher.  It was kinda my dream.  A couple years ago, my mom had surgery and I was the one who took care of putting ointment and bandages on her stitches.  That was the first time nursing even came to mind.

A few months before my first college semester I did a complete 360.  I didn't want to be a teacher anymore.  I felt the Lord calling me to something else.  Nursing maybe?

I started my nursing courses only a couple months later and still wasn't completely sure that it was for me.  I even had the 'what am I doing here?' feeling a few times during class. 

But, you know what, God is faithful.  By the time I started my second semester of nursing, I knew in my heart that this was what I was supposed to be doing.  And now it is even more confirmed.

Here's me in my scrubs!  Wearing these were one of my favorite parts of the day. ;)   


Haha!  Daddy had me pose like this.

I'm still not 100% on what I'd like to do once I'm a certified nurse.  There's so many options.  But you know what, that's ok.  I'm going to follow the One who does know. :)

P.S. My computer is back up and running so my watermark is back!  Hooray! *happy dance* :) 

2 comments:

  1. Cool, Katie! My aunt is a nurse. =) She works at a hospital with babies that aren't treated well though...niq unit?! (I have no idea how to spell that...)
    Hehe! The scrubs are great, Katie! =D
    Oh, I think you'll like this video. It is funny, but has an awesome message behind it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video, Emily! Thanks! :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete