Tuesday, September 28, 2010
I'm praying to You tonight because I want to finally give my whole self to You. I don't think I ever did that, so I'm going to now. I don't know exactly how except to just say here God, take my life and make it something that will glorify You...
October 26, 2006 was when I wrote that. I was going through some of my old stuff about a month ago and found this entry. I loved it! I completely forgot that I had written it...and still don't really remember it. But what shocked me was that today that's exactly what God's doing. He's making me into something that will glorify Him. To think, four years ago, I wrote that, and now, four years later, I'm living it.
Tomorrow night, 24/7 (the band I'm in) is playing at a church. I'll be sharing my testimony, too. I am excited and nervous at the same time. :) One of my favorite things to do is get up on stage with my brother and sister and praise the Lord! Four years ago, to a very shy blondeheaded girl, doing something like that would freak me out. It's amazing when I think about what God has been preparing me for all along.
"...He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake." Psalm 23:3
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
You are an awesome God! Thank you for the freedom to pray. Thank you for this day that's set aside.
I pray for our schools. Not only the schools in my area, but everywhere. Thank you that we can have an education. I pray for home schools, private schools, and public schools. I pray for the teachers, parents, and students. Lord make schools and education the way they are meant to be. And I pray we can put You back in schools.
I pray for the rally we're having tonight. 600 teenagers gathered together praising Your Name! Wow. Please fill that place with Your Spirit.
In Your Name,
Sunday, September 12, 2010
My first driving lesson was on Saturday. We went to our church parking lot. Big and empty. Just what I needed (and still need, lol).
Daddy and me.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
8 Books I've Read Recently...
1. "Do Hard Things" by Alex & Brett Harris
2. "Even Now" by Karen Kingsbury
3. "A Tailor-Made Bride" by Karen Whitemeyer
4. "The Temptation" by Nancy Moser
5. "The Quest" by Nancy Moser
6. "The Invitation" by Nancy Moser
7. "Summer Promise" by Robin Jones Gunn
8. "Sweetwater Run" by Jan Watson
8 Songs or Albums I listen to all the Time...
1. "Gone" by Switchfoot (song)
2. "Hold Us Together" by Matt Maher (song)
3. "The Light Meets the Dark" by Tenth Avenue North (album)
4. "Nightlights" by Jimmy Needham (album)
5. "More Like Falling in Love" by Jason Gray (song)
6. "Take Me As I Am" by FM Static (song)
7. "More" by Matthew West (song)
8. "Love Has Come" by Mark Schultz (song)
8 Things I Love...
2. My family.
3. My friends.
4. My church.
5. Singing and playing my fiddle.
8. Sing Language
8 Things I've Learned this Year...
1. School is a bit different than I expected it to be... (college classes)
2. I have some amazing friends!
3. Life goes by fast.
4. Storms will come.
5. Do hard things.
6. Coffee is...the bomb.
7. God's given me a story to share.
8. With God, I can get up in front of people and speak and sing and praise.
8 New Recipes I Want to Try and Make by the end of the Year...
1. A cake...plus decorating.
2. Maybe show Mom my new skill...whipped cream dollups (spell check, please?)! Ohh yeah!
3. Maybe try out a new coffee flavor and experiment some.
4. I don't really cook much...at all... :P
5. I'm not gonna make it to #8 I don't think...
8 Favorite Online Hang-outs...
4. I love reading all of your blogs!
7. A couple of my favorite musicians blogs/ websites.
8 Projects I Need to Work on...
1. Studying for a quiz in World History.
2. Some scrapbook pages.
3. Uploading some pictures to facebook.
4. A poster I have to make for school.
5. Notecards for school.
7. Memorizing band songs.
8. Cleaning my room.
8 People I Think should do this...
(If 3 or more of these apply to you, then you're tagged.)
1. If you have a test/ quiz coming up in the next week.
2. If you love chick-flicks.
3. If you love coffee. ;)
4. If you have a pet.
5. If you like musical movies.
6. If you are a teenager.
7. If you love shopping.
8. If your birthday is in September.
Be sure and let me know if you're tagged so I can come read yours! ;) Have fun!
Monday, September 6, 2010
"God saw all He had made, and it was very good..." Genesis 1:31
Thursday, September 2, 2010
$0.25 notebooks! Oh yeah!
This backpack was free, courtesy of a friend. (I haven't had to use a backpack since 4th grade...what a weird feeling!) You may be saying, "I can't go around asking my friends for a backpack, Katie." Check out your local consignment shops or Goodwill store. You can find barely used name brands pretty easy sometimes for great prices.
I hope everyone has a great school year!