Sunday, November 21, 2010

Movie Quotes Contest

{Note: This contest is now closed.}

Hi everybody! Guess what?! It's Movie Quotes Contest time! I hope you enjoy this. :) And I'd really love it if you participated in the fun. The movies I picked all pretty much have one thing in common: I love them! Hehe! ;) So here's some rules you'll need to know:

There are 20 quotes in all. You need to know the movie title and the names of the character(s) in the movie who says the quote. I won't dock off points for spelling or anything. ;) No cheating, please. This would include looking up quotes on the internet. I don't mind if you ask a family member or friend for help or if you watch the movie you think the quote may be in. This contest will be up for 1 week. I'll post the answers and the winner sometime next Sunday night.

Oh, by the way, want to mention something before we get started. I ClearPlay a lot of the movies I watch. ClearPlay pretty much takes out the bad things in a movie so they're appropriate to watch. So, if you're wondering why I've seen some of these movies (maybe because they have questionable things in them) that's why...we have ClearPlay. :)

So...let the fun begin!


#1: "We thought you was a toad!"


#2: "She's great. She's really exotic! She's a Princess! She's Polynesian- well, half Polynesian, and half American. She's...Amnesian."


#3: "When a man is a widower why do we say he was widowed? Why don't we say he was widowered? Just wondering."


#4: "I got here first. Get a roof."


#5: Character 1: "It's Thanksgiving."
Character 2: "Yea, to you it's Thanksgiving; to me it's Thursday."


#6: "Just put 'em in the wash; they'll be grand."


#7: "Marriage is the promise of eternal love. As a man of honor I cannot promise eternally what I've never felt momentarily."


#8: Character 1: "Once before I said goodbye to a man going to war. He never came back."
Character 2: "Ask me nicely."


#9: Character 1: "All we needed was a little more of...this!
Character 2: "But you just gestured to all of me."


#10: Character 1: "Ridiculous. For argument's sake, what day is it there?"
Character 2: "April 14th, 2004."
Character 1: "No. It's April 14th, 2006."

Character 2: "It's the same day two years apart."


#11: "The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"


#12: "The third step is the hardest!"


#13: Character 1: "Why are you staring at me?"
Character 2: "I don't know. It's just that...it's like you escaped from a Hallmark card or something."


#14: "Glad I could catch the train!"


#15: Character 1: "What is it you really like to do?"
Character 2: "Eat!"


#16: Character 1: "The subway is probably quickest."
Character 2: "Me in a metal tube, deep underground with hundreds of people in the most aggressive city in the world?"
Character 1: "Right. Let's get a cab."


#17: "What happened to the 'there isn't a jar in the world I can't open' stuff? Wait, did you really find a jar you couldn't open? What was in it? Were there pickles in it? Where's the giant jar of pickles?"


#18: "I don't know much about God or Jesus, but I can promise you His arms are meant for you."


#19: Character 1: "Hey, my feet are sweating."
Character 2: "Do we need a news flash every time your body does something?"


#20: Character 1: "I love daisies."
Character 2: "You told me."
Character 1: "They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?"

So...there's the quotes! Go ahead...guess away! ;) You can leave your answers in a comment (which I will not publish until the contest is over) or an e-mail. Thanks again for participating! :)

7 comments:

  1. I actually recognized some of them! :)
    12. Prince of Persia - Dastan
    13. Enchanted - Giselle and ? (Forgot his name!)
    14. Toy Story 3 - Buzz
    14. The Incredible Hulk - (Forgot their names; I just remember hearing it in a preview I think)
    18. The Ultimate Gift - Jason (One of the best movies ever!)
    19. Ice Age - Diego and Sid

    I didn't know a lot of them but I thought I'd go ahead and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 is from "O Brother Where Art Thou" I think

    #20 is from You've Got Mail!!! I love that movie. :')

    Haha I didn't know ANY of these. :)

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou" ??
    4. "Iron Man 2", Rodey
    6. "Leap Year", Declan
    8. "Robin Hood", Marian & Robin
    9. "How to Train Your Dragon", Dad & Hiccup
    11. "Rocky Balboa", Rocky
    12. "Prince of Persia", Dastan
    14. "Toy Story 3", Buzz
    15. "Julie & Julia", Paul & Julia
    16. "The Incredible Hulk", Bruce & Betty
    17. "Monsters vs Aliens", B.O.B
    19. "Ice Age", Sid & Diego
    20. "You've Got Mail", Joe Fox...not sure the girl's name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1. O, Brother, Where Art Thou. (Delmar?? I'm not sure... I haven't watched it in years.)
    #6. Leap Year. (Declan)
    #8. Robin Hood (Marian and Robin)LOVE THIS MOVIE AND LOVE THIS PART!
    #9. How to Train Your Dragon. (Dad and Hiccup)
    #12. Prince of Persia (Dastan) I love this movie and this part is *awesome*. I quote this line all the time! ;)
    #15. Julie and Julia (Paul and Julia)
    #18. The Ultimate Gift (Jason)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. "Oh Brother Where Art Thou"...Delbert
    3. "Sleepless in Seattle"??...Meg Ryan's the actoress. I can't remember the character.
    4. "Spider Man"??
    6. "Leap Year"...Amy Adams. Agan, forgot the character. lol
    9. "How to Train Your Dragon"...Hiccup and his dad.
    10. "The Lake House"...forget their names.
    11. "Rocky Balboa"...Rocky
    12. "Enchanted"...Patrick Dempsey & Amy Adams (don't know characters).
    14. "Julie & Julia"?...Julia and her husband.
    16. "The Incredible Hulk"...Bruce and Betty
    20. "You've Got Mail"...Joe Fox and Kathleen Kelly

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Katie!

    This is Emily from Voices of the Innocent! I've been following your blog for a bit, and I'm really enjoying it! It's been fun "meeting" you and getting to know you through it!

    I don't recongnize many of the quotes, but I did reconginize a few of them!

    #13: Enchanted, Character one: Giselle; character two: Robert

    #18: The Ultimate Gift: Jason

    #19: Ice Age (1): Character 1, Sid; Character 2, Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Oh Brother Where Art Thou
    2. Don't know
    3. Don't know
    4.Iron Man 2
    5. I don't know
    6. Leap Year
    7. Kate&Leopold
    8. Robin Hood
    9. How to train your Dragon
    10. The Lake House
    11. Rocky Balboa
    12. Prince of Persia
    13. I don't know
    14. Toy Story
    15. Julie&Julia...maybe
    16. Hulk
    17.Monster v.s Aliens
    18. I don't know
    19. Ice Age
    20. Youv'e got Mail

    ReplyDelete