Friday, June 25, 2010

Miss A Thing


I recently bought a new CD by Jimmy Needham. He's one of my all time favorite artists. He had a song on this album that I thought was very relevant to today and I wanted to share the lyrics with you.

Miss A Thing
Last night I dreamed that I was sneaking up on Babylon. I awoke to find it was the very street I'm on. I close my eyes, but what I see won't go away. Away...

The city closed the shelter down the street. We'd rather pay to save a tree than give our brother something warm to eat. It breaks my heart that we're so incomplete. Oh...

Maybe there's a reason for it, but it's so hard to see. So many broken people, living in this lonely city. When if feels right to give up, I get up and realize Your blood can cover all these stains. You don't ever miss a thing. No, no You don't ever miss a thing.

I catch the news on channel three about once a week. But You see so much more. You see the husband flee the scene. You hear the woman hit the floor, crying out, "Can you still save me Lord?" Ohh...

You see it all, 'cause there is nothing You can't see. You can free us, 'cause there is nothing You can't free. And even when we fall, You come and meet us at our knees. You don't ever miss a thing. No...

No comments:

Post a Comment