Monday, May 16, 2011

It's like you escaped from a Hallmark card...

It's been a while since I've done a random post and I was really in the mood for one.  So...here you are: Katie's Post of Randomness. 

sunglasses
Anybody else out there a sunglasses lover?  I just got me a new pair and I think they're my favorite.




Anybody else out there constantly losing their sunglasses?  Yeah....that's me.  I probably have to get new ones every summer. :P 
But hey, it's a good excuse to buy a cute pair, is it not? ;)

"the lion king"
This is one of my all time favorite Disney movies.  Mostly because of it's special meaning to me, but it's also a great movie!
{not my photo}
When I was little, my daddy and I would sit in his and mom's bed while my brother and sister were napping and mom was at work and we'd watch Lion King and color.  For hours. <3
Anyway, I hadn't seen it since I was like 6 maybe and a friend of mine recently let me borrow it.  You should have seen my face.  I was ecstatic when they gave me the VHS. ;)  We sat down as a family and watched it and were all like "Aww..."  Hehe, good times.

"enchanted"
While on the subject of Disney movies, I thought I'd talk about this one too.  I love this movie.  And yesterday I was in the mood for a laugh so I put it in.

{not my photo}
There's this one line that always makes me laugh...even though I've watched it like 30+ times. 
"It's like you escaped from a Hallmark card or something."  (Hence the title^.)
Hahaha!  *sigh*  Yep, love this movie.

100 followers?
No, I don't have a 100 followers.  I have 79.  79 pretty great followers, if I do say so myself. ;)
So why are you posting about this Katie?
Well, I had the thought the other day, that if I ever did make it to 100 followers I thought it'd be pretty sweet to do another contest/giveaway type thing.  Whatcha think? :)

lowercase letters
I have become kind of intrigued with lowercase letters here recently.  And, if you've noticed, I've kinda started using them in my posts...like the titles and stuff above^.  I'm still a grammar geek, don't get me wrong.  I still spell check everything and usually re-read everything before I post it.  *cough, cough*  Yep, I'm weird. ;) 
But anyway, lowercase letters are kinda cool I think.  What do you think?  Am I the only one?



Well, that's all for now...hope everybody has a great Monday! :)

3 comments:

  1. No, you're not weird. I have to re-read everything I put online or in an email 6 or 7 times. It's pretty pathetic. :) And yes, I do think you should have a contest/giveaway thing at 100 followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunglasses are da bomb! But instead of constantly losing mine, I just forget to ever bring them with me. =p
    Oh my word! Lion King is so close to my heart. <3 I could probably quote and sing my way through the entire movie, and I've seen the Broadway musical too. After not seeing the movie for years, I finally watched it again, and yup, I totally was the one crying when Mufasa died. ;] My little sisters gave me crazy looks, but I absolutely adore that movie.
    I think you and I have the same thoughts about lowercase letters. They're okay sometimes, but I'm too much of a grammar nerd to love them TOO much. Hehe! =)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunglasses are a necessity here during summer, but I manage to lose or break mine quite often. :P
    And, I've only ever seen The Lion King in Spanish. :P It's sad but cute. :)

    ReplyDelete