Monday, August 16, 2010

Back-To-School

First day of school.
Starting college classes.

Well, it's that time again! For most kids starting school is a big leap back into routines and schedules and home work. It's a little different for us. We school year round mostly, taking breaks when we need/ want to. I like it better this way I think. Before, I got bored during the summer. lol But, it's still hard to believe I'm starting my Junior year of high school. Someone recently asked me what grade I was in. When I told them I was starting 11th they said, "Oh, so you're on your way out." I guess so... That's a startling, and kind of scary fact.

Zachary and I started classes out at the community college today. We are in a program called Discover College where you can get a jump start on your education. I'm taking Health Services. By the end of my Junior year, I'll have my CNA. It's really a very neat program, and I'm thankful for the opportunity to do this. Both Zach and I will definitely have to get used to it, though. Walking around on a college campus as a student, at the age of 14 and 16. Yikes! Mom gave us each a memory verse to take with us to class this morning. Here's mine:

"I will say to the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I trust.'"
Psalm 91:2

This reminds me that, though I may be uncertain about my future, which I am right now, to take it one day at a time and not worry. I am in the care of the Lord Almighty!


No comments:

Post a Comment