Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking Back at 2011

Can you believe it?  2011 is over.  2012 is already upon us.  My 2011 certainly had its downs...but also most certainly had its ups.  No, I didn't finish everything I set out to accomplish.  But I ended up doing so much...things not in my original plan.  Overall I'd count 2011 as a good year.  Here are just a few highlights:

{in january...}
--My daddy gave my sister and me his old Canon.  It's a great thing having a photographer as a dad.

--I bought my first Owl City album.

{in february...}
--I got an electric fiddle.  Electric.  Love.

--My baby brother, Logan, turned eleven.

--And my bigger than me little brother, Zachary, turned fifteen. ;)

{in march...}
--I turned seventeen.  And had a pretty great birthday.

{in april...}
--My best friend, Annie Beth, who also happens to be my sister (what a great coincidence) turned fourteen.

{in may...}
--I passed my state nursing test and became a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant).  Whoa.  What a blessing.

--We threw a surprise birthday party for my amazing mother.

{in june...}
--I went to Crossings Camp with my youth group.

{in july...}
--I went on my Chrysalis flight.  (One amazing youth retreat.)
--I got my license!  Watch out world. ;)

{in august...}
--I got my job at the library.  Again, one super blessing.

--I became a senior in high school

{in september...}
--My grandpa went to be with Jesus.

{in october...}
--I saw the ocean for the very first time.  And what a sight it was.  Just beautiful.


{in november...}
--I had my first Starbucks coffee.  Ah.  Love.

{in december...}
--I celebrated one very merry Christmas.

2011 was a year of change for me.  And I expect 2012 to be one as well.  I'm growing up.  There's no stopping it.  But I think I've realized how to live in the moment.

The other day I realized something.  At this very moment, I'm living in a once in a lifetime day.  January 2, 2012 at 10:53 pm will never happen again.  Ever.  Life for today...for right now.  And have a wonderful 2012.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures Katie...as always, they're pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete